Friday, July 3, 2009

JONAS BROTHERS WORLD TOUR 2009!!

"Nick's my pick!!!!"
"Kevin = Heaven!"


In February, my sister-in-law texted me and said that she'd just bought tickets to see these guys in concert. She thought that Hannah and I would want to come. I was so excited that I immediately got online and bought tickets, just for me and Han. I thought that this would be a perfect trip for just the two of us, a little quality time together. I held on to the tickets until April. Mike and I finally decided to tell her about her surprise. She darn near peed her pants. She was soooo excited. All her friends were jealous and the planning of the outfit and posters began.

So, here we are, early in the morning, on the way the Boise.


We made a quick detour in Poky to grab a Jamba with Aunt Jen. We mourned the death of Michael Jackson (happened the night before) and Aunt Jen joined in the excitement of the trip!



Once we got to Boise, Hannah decided that she wanted to shop for a new outfit for the concert. She had been given a $40 gift certificate from a single mom in our ward. Hannah walked her two youngest kids to school every day this year. Anyway, she wanted to go shopping. She knew exactly what she was looking for. Everything I held up, she' d give the ol' nose wrinkle and kept shopping. She was really eyeing the mini skirts with the leggings under. I encouraged her to keep looking. (Quite frankly, I just couldn't wrap my brain around my daughter in a short skirt and leggings.) I told her that I didn't mind the leggings, but that the skirts were too short. If she could find something that was a little bit longer, that would be great.
Jonas Brothers, here we come!!!


She had 82 cents left! What a shopper!

We met up with my sister-in-law Rainey, and cousin Wyatt, at the Cheesecake Factory for some fantastic food. Always fun!!

After completely stuffing ourselves, and the biggest joke in parking history, we finally made it to the concert. Jordan Sparks was the opening act! She was GREAT!!! Hannah wasn't sure she was ok with the volume of the concert. She wasn't really enjoying it, so I ran out to the lobby to see if they sold ear plugs. They did, and finally Hannah relaxed, smiled a little, and sang along with a few of the songs. I made her stand up a couple of times, clap and wave her arms, but she was much more reserved that the other 14,000 girls there!

It was quite the show!

We were about 100 feet from the stage! Of course, my camera doesn't do so well, but we had great seats.

Take a listen!!





They played for about an hour and a half. What a fun night!!

Can't beat spending a great night at a fantastic concert with your daughter! I had a fabulous night. I feel so blessed that we are able to create some special memories with our kids. I have learned that it doesn't have to be the Jonas Brothers World Tour to spend some quality one on one, but when there is the opportunity to do something like this, I feel blessed that we are able to make it happen. These are special times for me. My Hannah is growing up. She's certainly not a little girl anymore. I'll hang on to every special moment I can!!!

3 comments:

Grandma T said...

Fun times! And what a cute outfit Hannah!

Kayla said...

I am so jelous!! goodness i hope you had fun :))

Jen Simmons said...

Wow, Hannah has a great sense of style she looked great! and the concert looked like fun, I am so glad that you guys could stop and say hi to me on your way. MJ for life!